Monday, February 18, 2008

On the Road Again.............

This past weekend I took a quick road trip to Ft. Anderson on the Cape Fear to see the members of the Ship's Company of the Roanoke doing a Civil War event. (This is the group I have hooked up with to start doing Civil War Navy) I was made welcome by the fellows there and it felt pretty comfortable. I was in 21st century clothing which felt a little weird but it gave me a chance to look at the event from another angle. I think I am going to enjoy working with the Roanoke lads and also my new time period.

This coming weekend I will be at Moore's Creek National Battlefield doing a 18th Century Sailor. I hope to be able to knock out some rope work as well as a bit of leather stuff. You know what they say, no rest for the wicked.

2 comments:

Chris Grimes said...

And here I thought you were going to be doing the surgeon thing. I definitely bringing my sailor hat now!

Andrew Duppstadt said...

I'm definitely envious. I missed Fort Anderson and though I will be back in town, I think the wife would be more than a little pissed if I headed to Moore's Creek this weekend. I hope you guys have fun. I know Tim and Bert are leaving the weapons course a day early so they can get back for the program. Again, no rest for the wicked.

Andrew Duppstadt