Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ben-Hur Meets A.R.M.C.

Here we are, 4 days after my total knee replacement and I getting ready to head back to the Casa W. It's been a interesting experience and one that I might have to do again for my left knee, but to be frank, I don't want to think about it until I absolutely have to. It AIN'T the most fun I have ever had with my clothing on. (or off come to think of it) The surgery went well and I have a bright, shiny new titanium knee. The Doc told me that when he went in, he found a "mess" but he thought that everything would be O.K. once it healed up.

I started physical therapy the day after surgery and it sure does focus one's attention. I have had some of the most intensive pain I have ever had in my entire life in just the past few days. Unfortunately, pain is going to be a part of the healing process, so I have figured that I will need to suck it up and keep on keeping on.

My P.T. folks have been good to work with, but the strangest thing happened this morning. At O'Dark thirty when my guy showed up, He morphed into Jack Hawkins from the movie Ben-Hur.

"Your eyes are full of hate, forty-one. That's good. Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength. Now listen to me, all of you. You are all condemned men. We keep you alive to serve this ship. So row well, and live."

At least that's what I THOUGHT I heard him say............

Well back to the oars, I mean machines.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well, and keep up the PT, you will NOT regret it...

TommyG said...

The PT guy is there for one reason and one reason only. To make you HURT. The more you do; within reason, without him there the sooner he'll go away. Keep working and in a few weeks you'll be wondering why you didn't do this sooner.

Unknown said...

Hang in there! It had to get worse before it could get better, but you should be on the home stretch now.

Glad to hear it went well.

Chris Grimes said...

Just remember what Shane said, "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever"