Thursday, May 3, 2012

Another Guilty Pleasure............

When ever I have some down time, and need to kick back I will be the first to admit I flop in front of the "One Eyed Monster" I am not one of those folks that have to almost shout at the top of their lungs "I only watch EDUCATIONAL programs" I watch what strikes my fancy at the moment. I watch American Guns and Sons of Guns, (Although I gotta admit I do curse at the tube when the drama llama rears it's ugly head or they come up with something firearms related that is totally out to lunch. I mean I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but some of the comments and statements these so called firearms experts come up with make me feel like a rocket scientist in comparison.) or just about anything else.

There is one program that I have discovered that isn't too bad at all. It's on the National Geographic channel and is called The Decrypters. It's a fascinating program that deals with a great deal of forensic pathology and archeology. The most recent episode I saw was called Gold Rush Murder and it dealt with a skeleton that was discovered in California that dated back to the 1840's that showed signs of a violent death. If you like history or detective stories I think you will like this program. Check it out and see for yourself.

No comments: