Monday, May 5, 2008

You Give me Fever.............

I had managed to de-hydrate myself while down in San Juan, and hadn't been feeling quite right ever since. I started having various problems so down to the urology clinic I went. I left a sample and told them what the problem was, that I had a U.T.I. Of course, they didn't believe me and had to run test to be sure. Somewhat dissatisfied I left. This was on Tuesday (04-29-08). Tuesday night I started having chills and by Thursday morning, I woke my good wife up at around 01:45 and had a in depth conversation on our need to sell both our hogs and scrap iron so as to obtain funds for the household. My temperature was by that time 103.3 and holding. My goodwife called another Doctor and told him that I was talking out of my head (even more than normal) and he told her that she should bring me on in. He did a blood culture on me and said I was within a gnat's ass of being put in the hospital for a bunch of I.V. antibiotics. Now there is something (at least in my mind) that is candy-assed about having a urinary tract infection. I tried to convince the good doctor that I had picked up a case of Malaria in San Juan, but he wasn't having any part of it. I was given a prescription for a fairly strong antibiotic and after a few days I started feeling a bit better. I missed another event with my shipmates 'cause of this stuff which didn't make me happy in the least.

Oh yeah, today (05-05-08)I got a call from the urology clinic that I had gone to who told me that I had a U.T.I. and offered me a prescription for antibiotics. I thanked them for their interest and hung up on them.

5 comments:

Chris Grimes said...

The hell you say! What a way to recover from a long trip! Glad you are recovering, shipmate. Sounds like you could have fixed yourself if you had access to some good antibiotics. We had a great time in Beaufort and missed having you with us. Quite frankly, we are beginning to feel incomplete without your witty banter!

Michael W. said...

Well I missed seeing you guys at Beaufort. I am starting to get just a bit stir crazy around here. Hopefully I will be on the road to normal after tomorrow.

Chris Grimes said...

I hope so too! Go on the guild forum and look at me wearing my new topper. As Andrew says, it's big!

Michael W. said...

I did already, it looks great. It makes you look very tall!

Chris Grimes said...

It does help those of us who are vertically challenged, doesn't it? LOL