Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I just got back from cooking a turkey for a local church that was having a dinner for all their members who either didn't have any family to eat with, or couldn't afford to have a good dinner this year. I resisted temptation and didn't snack any there, preferring to go over to my folks and dine with the entire W. clan. Hopefully I should be suffering from acute turkey and dressing toxicity in a very short time. -grin- Oh yeah, to include the deadly green bean casserole also. -wide grin-

I am very, very, VERY grateful for all the blessings I have received this year. Sure I have had a few problems with this and that, primarily my accursed knees giving me fits as they normally do.

But all in all I have been one lucky fellow and don't have any room to complain. I have a good wife who is mostly bemused by my antics, I have enough money to pretty much do what I want and I got more good friends and buddies than I can shake a stick at. I can't think of a single thing that I need or want, I don't have any friends or loved ones who are currently in "harm's way" (other than a few law enforcement officer friends who do their thing day in and day out, may the Almighty protect and bless 'em all!) so life is pretty good.

My only hope is that all my friends and family are as lucky as I have been in the past year and that they receive all the blessings and good fortune that they so richly deserve.

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Chris Grimes said...

Don't forget the dreaded gravyitis or pumpkin pie syndrome!