Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Todays Birthdays Of Note............

In 1932........

Anthony Perkins
, actor.

He freaked me out in his role in the movie Psycho and I have no doubts, caused a heck of a lot of people to double check before taking a shower.

In 1935........

Miss Loretta Lynn
, Country music legend.

I can remember many times watching my mom ironing clothing on the back porch in the evening, with the old brown plastic cased radio playing Loretta's music. At a time when women didn't have much of a voice, Loretta sang about love gone bad, husbands cheating, drinking and generally treating their women poorly. Women like my mom, saw Loretta as a kindred spirit and felt just a little bit less alone and isolated when she sang her songs. Thank you Miss Lynn.......

In 1940........

Miss Julie Christie
, actress

One of my first childhood crushes, I fell madly in love with her when I first saw the movie, Dr. Zhivago and also in the movie Fahrenheit 451. Miss Christie continues to act and although I no longer carry the torch I did for her, I still enjoy seeing her in her many roles.

No comments: