Tuesday, June 2, 2009

At Long Last................

Well tomorrow (Well, actually today now) I go in for the preliminary work up for my long awaited surgery.

They place my portal and filter in me, then send me home until Wednesday when they take me back in and put me up on blocks. I will be in the hospital for around 4 days then home to recover.

I am somewhat torn about the whole thing. With having this surgery, I am taking care of things which no doubt will improve my life and allow me to fix things which have been causing a gradual loss of "quality of life" for me for the past three years. No matter what the result of this operation, it will be worth it if I can get rid of some if not all of the pain I have been going through. However, (There is ALWAYS a however or a but) this is so much more serious and involved than the other operations I have had in the past. There are a heck of a lot of things that could go wrong both during and after the operation that only a fool wouldn't be somewhat concerned. But as Caesar said before crossing the Rubicon, "The die is cast" so I am committed to getting it done.

I don't know what my blogging will be like for the next little bit, but I will let ya'll know how I am doing.

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: