Monday, February 15, 2010

Giving Over To The Dark Side.................

I do not like it when people do "remakes" of anything.

It they did it right, why remake it? If they didn't why waste the time and money trying to improve crap?

So it was with some trepidation that right after I found out they are remaking the classic movie True Grit that they had made a remake of the classic 1941 movie The Wolfman. I must admit that I wasn't very happy to hear it.

I was raised on the Universal Horror Classics, such as Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy and even The Creature From The Black Lagoon. It was a rare Saturday morning or late night when I didn't take the time to catch one running on TV. And of all these, The Wolfman was my favorite. Played by Lon Chaney Jr. It was the perfect role for him. (He was the son of Lon Chaney Sr. man of a 1000 faces who had played monsters and villains in silent movies) How could they take what I thought of as the perfect horror movie and do a remake of it? Particularly with Benicio Del Toro playing the lead role. I don't know, he just doesn't strike me as the Wolfman type.

Having said that, I will probably go see it against my better judgement.

I know that the special effects will be much better than those of the 1940's as well as there will be a great deal of gore. I am also sure that there will also be a modern message tucked into the narrative somewhere. Knowing how Hollywood does things, the movie will no doubt end with the Wolfman being shot by the evil Sarah Palin with a high powered rifle while she is hanging out of a helicopter wearing a bikini.

We will see.......

4 comments:

Nancy R. said...

"...end with the Wolfman being shot by the evil Sarah Palin with a high powered rifle while she is hanging out of a helicopter wearing a bikini."

I KNOW you'd pay to see that. *grin*

Michael W. said...

Well, yes, there IS that.......

Unknown said...

"Particularly with Benicio Del Toro playing the lead role"

That right there is what will turn me away from it. But I might be persuaded by that Palin bit.

The Old Man said...

I'd see it twice if they leave the Palin bit in. Can we replace Del Toro with Bahney Fwanks?