Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Odds And Ends..................

I have come to the conclusion that the Attorney General of the United States, Eric Holder is completely out of his mind. I was willing to cut him a little slack (even if I didn't want to, cause I REALLY don't like his boss) since he was new at the job but this latest briliant idea to "modify" the Miranda warning is just plain dumb. I worked for 30 years with the Miranda warning being part of what I did. It never caused me any problem whatsoever in ANY of the investigations or arrest that I made. I can't see any reason that this rule should be changed other than it might be a ploy to make the current administration seem tougher than they really are.

While on legal matters, I think it also is very, very strange that a person can be nominated for a posision on the Supreme Court of the United States without having ever served as or held a job as a judge in any manner whatsoever. I will be the first to admit that I am not the smartest fellow around but I will be damned if I would have ever guessed that the Supreme Court was a bulwark of on the job training. I wasted my time in my previous career, I should have gone to work with the supremes.

I saw this weekend that the lightbringer thinks that we are getting "too much information" from the internet, cable tv, x-boxes and other sources. I sure am glad that he is so worried about us common slobs being overwhelmed with so much data that we will not be able to judge the truth from lies. The lightbringer should remember that you should NEVER underestimate the common man (or woman) because when you do, 9 times out of 10 you get burned.

Tomorrow I go back to the doc and get scoped again. They are curious as to whether or not the opening in my stomach has closed up. I must admit that I am just a little curious about that myself. I am still having problems with food, but I am starting to wonder if this is the best I can expect.

This weekend, I am going to the N.R.A. convention in Charlotte. It will be a chance to see the sights, visit with a bunch of gun bloggers, and just get out and about. It should be a fun weekend.

No comments: