Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Don't Need no Doctor, 'Cause I Know What's Alling Me......

Today is going to be a long day. I get a M.R.I. on my right knee this afternoon and see how bad it is. (The way it has been hurting since this weekend, it should be pretty bad)then maybe I will get a idea of when they will cut on me.

I watched most of the John Adams program last night on H.B.O. I am not sure what I think of it. I liked the overall look and content, but I didn't like the man playing Adams. I guess I have been spoiled by William Daniels and his portrayal of Adams in the movie 1776. He was born to play that part. The only thing I could say about the gentleman playing the role last night, was that he looked constipated or needed Prozac. Either way, I hope the program will grow on me. I gotta have a colonial fix once in a while

I also need to make a quick run to Gander Mountain and pick up a few odds and ends. The biggest thing will be a two gun transport case. I figure that would do to transport my surgical tools on the up coming road trip to San Juan. And since I will be there anyway, I might as well pick up some balls for my new pistol and see how it shoots. GRIN

Well, I did the M.R.I. this evening. Of course they wouldn't tell me if they saw anything. So now I have to wait until someone calls me to tell me what it looks like. Afterwards I took that quick trip to Gander Mountain. I got some cleaning gear, but no round balls for my pistols.They didn't have any. Their selection of black powder stuff consist of mostly stuff for in-line guns and sabot bullets for regular muzzle loaders. So all in all the night wasn't as successful as I had hoped it would be. Oh well........

8 comments:

Andrew Duppstadt said...

You are probably going to have to get the round pistol balls from Dixie Gun Works. What a coincidence, I am going to be placing an order with Dixie in the very near future! What caliber are you looking at? I'd be happy to order them along with my stuff and bring them to you at Halifax on April 12 if I have them by then (and I should). Ain't life grand?

Michael W. said...

Hi Andrew!

Thanks for the most kind offer. I guess I will need .375 and .451. Let me know how much I owe you and I will bring it to Halifax.

M.

Andrew Duppstadt said...

Dixie casts a .376; will that work? If not, I'll have to get a different brand, but they cost more. Trying to save you some dough. The .451 is cast by Dixie, so now problem there.

Michael W. said...

Morning Andrew!

Go ahead and order the .376 and I will try them. If they don't work I will melt 'em down and recast them into rounds for my sea service musket.

Once again, thanks!

M.

Andrew Duppstadt said...

Ammo has been ordered. I ordered this morning and it shipped this afternoon. Gotta love that kind of service!

Michael W. said...

Andrew,

I don't care what Chris says, I think you are U.S.D.A. grade A.

GRIN

Looking forward to Halifax!

M.

Andrew Duppstadt said...

Sir,
I have your balls. They arrived at my office yesterday. GRIN

AD

Michael W. said...

So does my wife Andrew, so does my wife........GRIN

Thanks Pard!

M.