Thursday, February 12, 2009

For Those In Peril On The Sea..............

While checking out the news, I learned to my great delight that ships and personnel of the U.S. Navy in the past two days have been busy engaging in anti-piracy patrols and have taken into custody a number of pirates operating off the coast of Somalia. Unfortunately, they are turning the subjects over to the government of Kenya for trial. My opinion is that if you catch them armed and engaging in piracy, that the skippers of the ships should be allowed to try them at sea, and if they are convicted, hung.

Piracy was suppressed in that manner on many occasions in the past, I don't see why it wouldn't work today.

To those brave men and women who serve our country in our navy, I say, May God bless and God speed...........

No comments: