Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Ya'll...............

I wanted to take a few moments to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas. I will post a bit more later when I have time.

I am very grateful for the gifts I have received, most of all a very special gift that was presented to me 2000 years ago, the birth of my savior.

I also want to wish you all the very best of the season. Good fellowship, the love of family, feasting, and every thing else that makes this time of year so special.

This is from the Virgina Almanac from the 18th Century and it pretty much sums up my take on the holiday.

Now Christmas comes, 'tis fit that we,
Should feast and sing and merry be.
Keep open house, let fiddlers play
A fig for cold, sing care away........

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

Merry Christmas my friend - thanks for being here with us.