Friday, December 18, 2009

Ready On The Right, Ready On The Left...................

Christmas shopping done, I am as ready for the holiday as I can get. Now to do the cooking and baking and watching everyone freak out over the weather. Here in Carolina they are predicting 1 to 4 inches of snow starting this evening. We will see what develops, but since the stores are as another blogger put it "Like the fall of Saigon" the predicted snow should put everyone over the edge. It should be fun to watch.

I love the Christmas holiday, but I have a special road trip planned for just after Christmas and into the new year. I head to the Northern Neck of Virginia for about a week to spend time with my adopted family to include my favorite budding shootist Miss Susan. If you follow the stuck in Massachusetts blog you have seen her photos as well as read the story of her learning to shoot her purple b.b. pistol. I will be up there for a week or so, and while I am up I will be doing a wee bit of coaching to Miss Susan's mom on C.Q.B. drill with the handgun.

I just didn't know how much I was looking forward to being in the teaching mode until last night. The goodwife was watching a Bette Davis movie, "The Letter" on DVD and I was doing some reading. Somewhere in the movie, Miss Davis opened up on a man with what looked like a 38 revolver and when he hit the ground, she then dropped the weapon and looked confused. All I could think was " Police up your gear and brass and move back to the seven yard line "

Go figure.................

No comments: