Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Random Thoughts.............

I caught most of the Lightbringer's speech on immigration reform yesterday. All I heard was a bunch of talking points that were designed to placate the masses. No firm solutions to any of the problems that we have. He did say that with so many illegals (I refuse to call them immigrants) in the country that we couldn't get them all, so the feeling I get is that enforcement will fall by the wayside. O.K. working along that track, since so many people speed on the highway (and we can't stop them all) let's not enforce traffic laws. Same to same on any law that is either unpopular or difficult to enforce. Matt G. over at http://maypeacebewithyou.blogspot.com/ (A law enforcement officer down Texas way) has a good overview of the Lightbringer's speech. Check it out.

I also saw that Sheryl Crow (She of the use only one sheet of toilet paper per visit) has held forth about her discomfort with the tea party types. She whips out the ignorant and uneducated label as well as holding forth about how she knew all about the movement from the videos she checked out on You Tube. I will not make any statement about about my thoughts on celebrities who think their fame gives them wisdom beyond that of us "common folk" nor will I say anything about the education level of the tea party goers. I will say that I have to wonder about someone who gets their world view from You Tube videos. I get the overwhelming idea that Ms. Crow needs to get out more and see how us "little people" live.

Just sayin.............

No comments: