Sunday, July 4, 2010

We Hold These Truths To Be Self Evident...........

My friend Jay G. beat me to it by posting the text of the Declaration of Independence over at his blog, so go over and check it out.

http://stuckinmassachusetts.blogspot.com/

I make a special effort to read it every 4th of July just to remind myself what the holiday is all about. One year, I even had the honor of reading it aloud while wearing period clothing in front of about 500 people at Guilford Courthouse National Battlefield Park. (That, my friends was a stone cold trip)

If you can, take a few minutes and read this masterpiece of writer's skill. The words ring with a truth and brilliance that resound through the ages. With the current state of affairs, a great deal of what it addresses still troubles our great country to this very day.

Happy 4th of July folks, and remember our founding fathers (and mothers) AND BE MORE LIKE THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: