Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Trip To The Twilight Zone.............

I had a very good time this weekend, which I will detail when I have a little more time, but I thought I would share this nugget with you.

As I told you, I have always hesitated reenacting the American Civil War due to the fact that there are a bunch of yahoos out there that think the war is STILL going on. Mostly these folks are on the Confederate side and to put it bluntly, they live up to the stereotype of the ignorant redneck. I can't figure out why they are out there other than to wear the uniform that more than likely would have never been able to wear in real life, or perhaps to live out some fantasy rather than to deal with their day to day reality.

I met one of those kinds of fellows this weekend, and one of my friends told me a interesting story about him. It seems that he had been popped for D.W.I. and had lost his driver's license. After applying for a provisional license, the court allowed him to have one to drive to and from work AS WELL as to reenactments. He also had to place a alcosenser in his vehicle which will not allow him to start his vehicle if he has alcohol on his breath.

His nickname is, (Wait for it) Captain Blow and Go................

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.............

No comments: