Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgining 2009.........

My last posts were a little heavy, so let me lighten things up a bit.

Ah Thanksgiving, or as one of my kinfolk calls it, the season of the casserole.

Having feasted on the required odds and ends from the groaning table to include several of the dreaded casseroles as well as turkey and ham, I thought I would take keyboard in hand and type some thoughts about Thanksgiving. As I sit here, a hot mug of tea (Earl Grey) at my side and my favorite cat Maggie (Named after Margaret Thatcher) sharing my lap with the keyboard, I started counting my blessings and figured out that I have one heck of a lot to be thankful about. If you will, please allow me to share them with you my readers.

My health. I came damned close to taking a permanent dirt bath in June, and am quite happy to still be here. Am I at 100 percent yet? Nope. As a matter of fact, I need to go back in for more surgery in January. But ya know, it could be a heck of a lot worse. I am getting stronger each day and know that I will be my old self sooner, rather than later. I just gotta hang in there and with the help of the Almighty, I will be back.

My wife. It just seems that the old adage applies here, you never really appreciate what you have until it's gone. Thank goodness, I didn't lose her, but she came close to losing me. My wife, whom I call the Memsahib was a absolute rock while I was in the hospital. She has always been there for me, supporting everything I every wanted to do. I like to think I have been as supportive to her and everything that she has wanted to do, but I sometimes wonder. I do know that I have taken her for granted every once in a while and regret it a great deal. You can be sure that I will be on my guard against that in the future.

My friends and family. I lump all these folks together because I can't quite tell them apart. I have been lucky in having some of the finest folks on earth as my friends and I quickly adopt them as kinfolk. My blood family came out of the woodwork to support my good wife and myself when I was sick, and still support me today.

Blogger Folks. ALL you folks out in blogger land, fellow writers and readers. Thank you for allowing me to come into the fold. I hesitated to start blogging, because I thought at the time that blogging was nothing more that a chance for someone to stroke their own egos, sorta like "Hey look at me I am SO important that I need to tell you all about me" I discovered that out there in blog land that there IS a bit of that kind of thing, but mostly it's just folks who feel strongly enough about various topics to post about them and let the chips fall where they may. My kind o' folks. -grin- I think that in the time I have been writing, I have made friends with a few fellow bloggers, vented my spleen once or twice, pissed off a few readers and made some folks laugh. I have also had a lot of fun. So thank you ALL for that.

So all in all, I have a great deal to be thankful about in the past and even more in the future to continue to be grateful about. I have had one heck of a run and am looking forward keeping on keeping on. To steal a line from a song, "My future's so bright I need to wear shades" -grin-

No comments: