Friday, November 6, 2009

Ft. Hood

I don't think I can add anything worthwhile to what has already been said about this tragedy. I.M.H.O. I think that there should be one heck of a lot less speculation about the case until all the facts are in but I will make two observations.

First, were the powers that be asleep at the wheel? With all the statements he made, all his well documented actions, the shooter should have been under close surveillance at a bare minimum. Or was the military so scared of allegations racial profiling or giving the perception of being unfair that they ignored a bunch of red flags? Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 and it's real easy to second guess the folks on the scene, but damn, something went horribly wrong and we need to do some serious damage control here.

Second, I just can't get my head around what this treasonous dog did. I am not talking about his violating his oath before God, nor his oath to his country. Even worse, he violated a compact with his fellow soldiers. As a officer it was his duty to take care of the soldiers under his command, in return his soldiers take care of him. This has always been a understanding between soldiers since time immortal. To coldly murder your fellow soldiers because of religious or political beliefs is beyond the pale in my mind.

This sorry excuse for a human being should receive a exceedingly fair trial and the absolute finest legal representation available. Cost should be no object. Then when he is convicted, he should be sentenced to death. Once the sentence is carried out, his body should be wrapped in a pig skin, covered in quick lime and buried in a unmarked grave. Then all record of his name and history should be expunged never to be remembered again.

No comments: